Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Searching For Guidance

Go down 
+6
Jeffaersan
Vinnsanity
CodyHopkins
HiiiPOWER
Dari
Jordan3ra
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

Searching For Guidance  Empty
PostSubject: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:08 pm

hey everyone, you might remember me from the old gk forum or my YT vids. i'm jordan3ra and have been gone awhile because of not having an account but coming back to stay.
i'm really dedicated to learning how to be the best i can be at my position (SF).
so if any club or anybody that is experienced with this game can help me, thanks.
things i know i need work on:
d on dribbles
better ways to get open

hmu in PM or on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Dari
Rookie
Rookie
Dari

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:21 pm

learning sf best comes from niko and the dble inputs(even though every knows about them him and lebron know the best ways of playing sf)
Back to top Go down
HiiiPOWER
All Star
All Star
HiiiPOWER

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Sup Jordan, where you been bro?

Reading guides and simply learning by experience is truly all i can say.

Learn from the likes of Lebron and FkEM, their playstyle gets W's.

Lebron is in my club, i'll ask him if he's down to help you.

What's your IGN?
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh yeah, I don't think niko plays doe. thanks tho bro.
Sup rare, man, just been workin and preparing for college. Also been workin on a pg too. , he is level like 24 but just not my playstyle. Just wanted to expriment haha.
Ight cool, hhm for me. In game name is Studios, SF.

Last edited by Jordan3ra on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CodyHopkins
Starter
Starter
CodyHopkins

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Youtube is your best friend Smile
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 pm

CodyHopkins wrote:
Youtube is your best friend Smile

lol, truth. what guides does every1 suggest I look at?
Back to top Go down
CodyHopkins
Starter
Starter
CodyHopkins

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:52 pm

kh0a's kukgi guide and so on. Just watch his guides
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 am

which guides from gk should I look at too?

thanks cody, but i seen that one already.
Back to top Go down
Vinnsanity
Rookie
Rookie
Vinnsanity

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 am

i say experience is the only way of learning i mean watching the utube vids helps but when u play against someone that can input ul catch on, good luck
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 am

Vinnsanity wrote:
i say experience is the only way of learning i mean watching the utube vids helps but when u play against someone that can input ul catch on, good luck

yeah, i figured. just it's hard to find people that will give you a chance. kind of why the population in the game in the lower levels are bad.
i'm uploading a vid vs astro (my first game back) and my second game back to on YT.

uploading so people can tell me what i need to work on and what my strong points are.

i believe my bball iq is decent. seeing the open man, setting screens with the flow of the dribbler, spacing the floor "sometimes, i admit, I ball gawk.", when seeing a wing player on a big man i pass immediately etc.

basically just need to learn the aspects of this game itself .
Back to top Go down
HiiiPOWER
All Star
All Star
HiiiPOWER

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:15 am

Kozi should put you under his wing, you're from the same state and from an SF stand point, the potential is there. Keep learning, experience hands down is the best way to learn. Trying not to be predictable and being versatile is a plus, if you have flaws, i'm sure we all do, ask those who you think excel in them for advice, you'll only get better. Rare nowadays to see players wanting to still learn.
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:04 am

oh yeh, i remember him. does he still play? i'm going try to get up with him if i can.
thanks bro, love the positive and reliable comments on this forums.

shout out to the forum on the vid fosure.
Back to top Go down
Jeffaersan
Baller
Baller

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Best way is play and play and lose Very Happy You'll learn through your mistakes and discover somethin' new. Experience is everything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HiiiPOWER
All Star
All Star
HiiiPOWER

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Jeffaersan is right, I use to spam 2's daily but finally gave 3's a shot because I was so fixated on my statistics and record when reality is, the competition I was playing was weak. I maintained a 40-50 record throughout my experience in 3's and was demolished by every possible center out there. I then realized cancelling good teams was pointless, and in order to beat the best you have to play the best, I guess you can say it's helped me in the long run.

@Jordan Yeah, he plays time to time under the name FkEM, he's nice enough to help you. Guys like Charles, WOOSAH and Lebron are always willing, Lebron and WOOSAH actually taught me how to properly play center.
Back to top Go down
CodyHopkins
Starter
Starter
CodyHopkins

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Ye, you'll just learn as you play. That's what I did and I didn't turn out half bad. :p
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks Jeffaersan, I see that now. rewatchin' my tape and seeing what i was doing i was thinking "wtf, why did i do that? i know better." lol

Rare, wow really? your at that point of greatness i thought you never played 2's daily lol.

so if I just whispered kozi you think he would help?

even Lebron and Woosah?
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Also, should i post the vids here or on the GK forum?

if i should post them on here, how do i embed them to the thread?
Back to top Go down
Fowl
Admin
Admin
Fowl

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:37 am

[YOUTUBE] (CODE IN THE YOUTUBE LINK) [/YOUTUBE]
Back to top Go down
SquareUp
Baller
Baller
SquareUp

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:47 am

Niko helped me out with SF at one point, just gotta get comfortable with the PG you're playing with, stay unpredictable, and learn inputs/don't spam things. Experience would really help as well.
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 am

a notification pops up saying "you can't post external links until 7 days after you have registered on this site" or something.

fowl, please allow me to post or I could just post it on GK, either way.
Back to top Go down
Fowl
Admin
Admin
Fowl

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 am

Jordan3ra wrote:
a notification pops up saying "you can't post external links until 7 days after you have registered on this site" or something.

fowl, please allow me to post or I could just post it on GK, either way.
Send to me in PM.
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:40 pm

send what to you in pm? are you talking about the error or the videos?
Back to top Go down
SoCrazyW
Baller
Baller
SoCrazyW

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeah man, All i can really say is Experiance and practice. god its seems liek ive practiced pg for over.... 2 years. This games takes alot of time and patience to learning how to play a position. you will notice the more you play the more you will understand how things work. I'm willing to help you on pg if you ever want to just try it again. watching vids can help i guess but it truely depends on how the user understands it.
Back to top Go down
Jordan3ra
Rookie
Rookie
Jordan3ra

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 pm

thanks bro, good runs today.

fkin' neva miss pg messed up our last game -.-
Back to top Go down
DisNiggyRightHere
Starter
Starter
DisNiggyRightHere

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:38 am

Just fuckin practice nigga
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Guidance    Searching For Guidance  Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching For Guidance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Freestyle Street Basketball :: General Forums-
Jump to: